These eight clean, quick, mini-meals are satisfying and flat belly friendly!
Put those chemical-filled cookie bags back on the shelf where they belong! Stay on the diet straight and narrow with these filling, delicious, fat-loss approved snacks. Bonus: They’re all under 200 calories!
- Slice one hard-boiled egg. Place pieces on five low-salt whole-grain crackers topped with small tomato slices. Add ground pepper to taste.
- Dip 10 carrot sticks into two tablespoons of hummus. Go the homemade route and whip up one of our tasty hummus recipes.
- Make use of your leftovers: Shred two ounces of turkey breast and place on half a toasted whole wheat English muffin. Place two thin slices of avocado and a large sliced strawberry on top.
- Cut a small apple into eight pieces. Mix together one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and one teaspoon of honey; spread evenly on each slice.
- Lightly toast one small slice of whole-grain bread. Cover its surface with two ounces of drained water-packed tuna and top with one tablespoon of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted.
- Cut one large flaxseed tortilla in half. (Save the other half for your next snack attack.) In a small bowl, mash one-quarter cup of blueberries and sprinkle with cinnamon. Spread one tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese onto one half, then top with the blueberry mixture. Fold and enjoy.
- Have a quick, colorful salad: Toss three cups of baby spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes and one tablespoon of pine nuts with two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix a half-cup of cooked quinoa with one to two tablespoons of chopped, sauteed onion, one-quarter cup of canned lentils (drained and rinsed) and a dash of garlic powder. Add a pinch of chili powder for heat. Warm slightly in the microwave before eating and garnish with tomato slices, lemon and parsley (optional).