Dear Coworker, Your Lunch Smells FISHY!By Work. Train. Compete!|Sara & Natalie|2011-12-21 | Comments: 0You are a busy working woman who exercises and eats clean. You even bring your prepared healthy meals to work.
Unfortunately for your coworkers, nothing smells more pungent or tastes more unpleasant than reheated fish and broccoli! Fortunately, I have lots of experience with fish and broccoli at work. Please click on the video link to watch my recipe for smelly-free fish & broccoli that requires no reheating and I guarantee you that your coworkers will not complain. In fact, they will wish they had your lunch and your lean body!
Sara’s Tilapia Sliders:
For embedding videos into articles.
Place the following ingredients into a food processor
- 2 uncooked fresh tilapia cut into small strips (use scissors)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets (I buy the florets in the bag you steam in your microwave to save time)
- Salt-free Mrs. Dash
- Squirt half a lime
- 1 TBSP of dehydrated sliced onion (adds flavour and is quicker than slicing an onion and less pungent)
- 1/2 TBSP chopped cilantro (I buy it in the squeezable tubes to save time).
- Blend the ingredients in the food processor.
- Roll into small patties
- Place on grill (I use Pam non-stick cooking spray) for 10 minutes
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Enjoy them hot or cold. They are portable, so you do not require cutlery to eat them. These are perfect for those busy workdays when we only get 2 minutes for lunch. Give them a whirl and let me know what you (and your co-workers) think.
Nutritional Information for 1 serving of sliders: (4 oz of tilapia and 1 cup (65g) of broccoli florets):
Depending upon the size of your sliders, 1 serving size will be approximately 4-5 sliders (I recommend you weigh your food to ensure your portions are correct)
Calories: 113, fat: 1 g, saturated fat: 0.5g, cholesterol: 55mg, sodium: 60 mg, carbohydrate: 3g, fibre: 2 g, sugar: 1 g, protein: 23 g
Follow dentists, Dr. Sara Solomon, WBFF Pro and Dr. Natalie Pennington, IFBB Pro, as they work, train and compete! Find out how these fit gals balance professional careers with fitness competition prep – plus get their tips on eating clean, training hard and staying motivated!