Seizing the DayBy Work. Train. Compete!|Sara & Natalie|2012-07-27 | Comments: 0Carpe Diem is to live life to its fullest. How incredible would life be if we followed these words everyday. It’s up to you how you choose to live your life. How we decide to live right now, this moment, is up to us. I want be the best version of me in every moment, what about you?
Here are a few ways to seize the day:
- Start Living. Quit making excuses on why you can’t live your life to the fullest. Whether it be your living situation, finances, self-esteem, readiness, etc., these are all excuses. Before my move to Southern Cali, I was tired of living in the Bay but I still tried to appreciate everything my area at the time offered. Whether it be the close location of my gym, my friends, and the comfort my area brought, I tried to appreciate what wouldn’t be in my life for very much longer.
- Make Time: Make time for the things in your life that are the most important. This should include family, friends, and health. Make time to not only text people but actually make connections with them over the phone or in person. If you haven’t called your mom in awhile, call her to her that you love her. And of course, take care of the most valuable asset you have, your body and health.
- Say “yes" to things that matter: Say “yes" more to things that are important in your life. This leaves less room for things in your life that are not as important.
- Always Bring your Best: If you always do your best you will never 2nd guess yourself... ever. Even though I haven’t placed as well in all the shows that I’ve done in the IFBB, I always brought my best package and because of this, I have no regrets. We motivate ourselves the most. There is only one life so why see yourself short.
- Be 100% Present: Whatever you do, be there 100%. Give it all your attention.
Seizing the day is also being truthful to yourself and living in alignment with what’s inside you. Next week, I’ll share more ways we can live life to its fullest. Until then, carpe diem, and remember to savor life’s fullness.
With love and fitness,
Dr. Natalie Pennington
Follow dentists, Dr. Sara Solomon, WBFF Pro and Dr. Natalie Pennington, IFBB Pro, as they work, train and compete! Find out how these fit gals balance professional careers with fitness competition prep – plus get their tips on eating clean, training hard and staying motivated!