Vanilla Protein Twinkies Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 5 servings
½ cup vanilla brown-rice protein powder
1 cup liquid egg whites
½ cup quinoa flakes
1/5 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 scoops vanilla casein protein powder
½ cup whole milk
½ cup water
1. Blend together cake ingredients and bake at 335°F in 5 mini bread loaf tins for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
2. Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool.
3. Mix together all filling ingredients and place mixture inside a plastic bag with a piping nozzle protruding from one end.
4. Make a hole inside each of your twinkie cakes by inserting a chopstick horizontally into the side of the cake.
5. Squeeze the bag with the filling mixture into each twinkie hole. Eat right away or refrigerate for later.
* Savings based on US cover price. US funds only. Oxygen is
published 12 times per year. Canadians: $15.00 S&H (includes GST or
HST where applicable) is added to the price. Please allow up to 6 weeks
for delivery of your first issue.