Trim Down Tip: Slim down a hearty bakery-style roll by slicing an inch off each half.
PULLED TURKEY SANDWICHES WITH POMEGRANATE COLESLAW
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup unsalted tomato paste
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 1/2 cups cooked white turkey meat, shredded
1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
whole-grain slider buns
1. Whisk together the first 7 ingredients in a small pot over medium heat, gently bringing the sauce to a boil.
2. Stir in turkey meat and coriander. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Top whole-grain buns with turkey mixture, onions and coleslaw (recipe on page two).
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp celery seeds
3 cups bagged coleslaw mix
1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Heat vinegar, honey and celery seeds in a small pot over medium heat until it comes to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
2. Pour vinegar mixture over shredded cabbage mix and toss to coat.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour or for up to 2 days.
4. When ready to serve, add peppers, pumpkin seeds, green onion, and pomegranate seeds and serve with pulled turkey sliders.
* Savings based on US cover price. US funds only. Oxygen is
published 12 times per year. Canadians: $15.00 S&H (includes GST or
HST where applicable) is added to the price. Please allow up to 6 weeks
for delivery of your first issue.