What I love about at-home workouts is the fact that I can most always fit them into my schedule. And they’re a huge timesaver! I particularly love this workout because of its fat-blasting and endurance-building qualities. If I’m ever feeling like I need to tighten up my lower body, I head straight to workouts like this. Keep in mind that this is your workout, so go at your own pace. Have fun doing it, and remember, just showing up is something to be proud of. Build your body one rep at a time!
Chady’s Lower-Body Blaster
Perform each exercise for one minute with 45 seconds of rest in between. Repeat the sequence for three to five circuits.
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with one leg, flexing your knees to drop your hips.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up.
- Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Face forward and open your chest.
- Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart. Your arms should be bent at your sides.
- Flex your right knee and kick your right heel up toward your glutes.
- As your right leg comes down, flex your left knee and kick your left foot up toward your glutes.
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance. You also can bend your elbows or clasp your fingers.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Rather than allowing your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
- Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Bend your knees, pressing your hips back as if you were going to sit back on a chair.
- Pushing through your heels, jump straight up.
- Land with your knees slightly bent and go back into the squat position.
- Stand in a staggered stance with your right foot 2 to 3 feet in front of your left foot.
- Drop down until both knees are at a 90-degree angle, hold for 30 seconds, then stand back up.
- Repeat this motion for the desired amount of repetitions and then alternate your legs.
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Keep your hands together out in front of your body.
- Squat down partially, about a quarter of the way down as you would for a normal squat. This is the starting position.
- Begin the exercise by pulsing up and down, lowering your butt up and down about 6 inches or so. Be sure you are always in the squat position and never standing up during the exercise.
- Stand with your torso upright, your feet hip-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Raise your heels off the floor and squeeze your calves.
- Return to the starting position by slowly lowering your heels and repeat.
Chady Dunmore's Workout Tips
- Warm up for at least five minutes to ensure that your body is ready for the intense workout ahead.
- Work at about an 8/10 perceived rate of exertion or 80 percent of your maximum heart rate in the working phases.
- Focus on perfect technique for every exercise to avoid injuries.
- Go to the end of your working phase feeling like you couldn’t possibly keep going. If you don’t, then you are not working at your maximum.
Spend five to 10 minutes cooling down at the end of each workout to de-stress your body and bring it back to a resting/fat-burning state.
In Fast-Track Fitness, four-time Oxygen cover model and personal trainer Chady Dunmore shares her very own training routine! This 28-day, full-body revamp is designed to make you stronger, leaner and more confident than ever before. Using little to no equipment, and in the comfort of your own home, Dunmore’s workouts will help you burn fat, increase athletic endurance and build lean muscle with her short but intense sessions. The workouts constantly change, which keeps training time fun while challenging your body to achieve results.
So what’s holding you back? Now is the time to take the first step toward bettering your body and your life! Dunmore’s program is guaranteed to blast stubborn fat while sculpting your entire physique. What could be better? Join Fast-Track Fitness today!