Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Calling all fans of halloumi! We love this salty cheese – and not just for its incredible taste. Halloumi has a very high melting point compared to other cheese. This makes it perfect for frying and grilling without compromising its shape.
Retaining its structural integrity under high heat, halloumi is the perfect cheese to accompany the grilled peaches in this recipe. This cheese-and-fruit combo is accompanied by a healthy serving of mixed greens for a perfect, refreshing salad.
1. Preheat a greased grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. In a small food processor, blend oil, basil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, one-half of salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle peaches and halloumi with additional oil, as needed, and rub in lightly; season peaches with remaining one-half of salt. Grill, turning once, until peaches are tender and grill marks appear on fruit and cheese, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Slice peaches into wedges and cheese into bite-size chunks.
4. In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat leaves, adding more if desired. Divide salad among plates. Top each with peaches and halloumi. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 402
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 36 mg
- Fat Content: 31 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 827 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
From Clean Eating