Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth without straying too far from your healthy diet? Try this edible sugar cookie dough recipe from Oxygen Ambassador Hannah Dawson.
Ingredients (makes 5 servings)
- 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil, melted and slightly heated
- 1/2 cup Kodiak waffle and pancake mix
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (whey or vegan)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar of choice (monk fruit/stevia/coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp nut milk of choice
- 1 tbsp of Christmas sprinkles
- In a small bowl, combine Kodiak mix, protein powder and sugar.
- Heat butter or coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add oil and mix with a fork
- Add milk and mix more until its dough-like consistency
- Roll into 5 balls
- Add sprinkles
- Put in the fridge to harden
Vegan protein: Use a bit more milk, or they won’t get doughy enough
Too much milk: Add more Kodiak mix
Gluten-free: Use a gluten-free protein pancake mix
Nutrition facts: per ball
85 cal, 10g carbs, 5g protein, 3g fat