Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth without straying too far from your healthy diet? Try this edible sugar cookie dough recipe from Oxygen Ambassador Hannah Dawson.
Ingredients (makes 5 servings)
- 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil, melted and slightly heated
- 1/2 cup Kodiak waffle and pancake mix
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (whey or vegan)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar of choice (monk fruit/stevia/coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp nut milk of choice
- 1 tbsp of Christmas sprinkles
- In a small bowl, combine Kodiak mix, protein powder and sugar.
- Heat butter or coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add oil and mix with a fork
- Add milk and mix more until its dough-like consistency
- Roll into 5 balls
- Add sprinkles
- Put in the fridge to harden
Vegan protein: Use a bit more milk, or they won’t get doughy enough
Too much milk: Add more Kodiak mix
Gluten-free: Use a gluten-free protein pancake mix
Nutrition facts: per ball
85 cal, 10g carbs, 5g protein, 3g fat