Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Flourless Chocolate Whey Cookies Recipe
Ready in: 35 minutes
Makes: 14 servings
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- 5 pitted dates
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup egg whites
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Blend all ingredients, except coconut, in a food processor until smooth. You may need to stop to scrape the sides.
- Toast coconut in a small frying pan set over medium-low heat until lightly golden, then add to processor and pulse until combined.
- Spoon batter into 14 heaps on baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake 24 to 26 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrients per serving (1 cookie): Calories: 180, Total Fats: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 22 mg, Sodium: 65 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 8 g, Iron: 2 mg