Upgrade Your Thanksgiving With These Clean Recipes
Your guests are going to love this stunning holiday meal peppered with super easy chef tips for an elevated menu. After all, we’ve earned an upgraded celebration this year. We're here to help you make it extra special.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If last year’s holiday celebration was a little quieter than usual, you’re likely looking forward to welcoming the whole family back to the table this year. This renewed celebration is a great time to up your cooking game (and hone your chef’s skills in the process). Each of these recipes has a special twist and chef’s tips to guide you along.
Select your dishes from our festive menu below. Choose your favorites to mix and match, or make them all. Use our chef’s tips to ensure your technique is on point. And your grocery list? Don’t worry, we have that covered, too, below.
|Recipe||Prep Ahead Up To|
Transform Your Leftovers
Tired of turkey sammies for days after the holidays? This year, get creative with our chef-inspired, no-waste ideas.
Hot Honey Hasselback Squash
- Butternut crostini: Purée leftover squash, top with goat cheese and bake in an oven-safe dish. Serve as a hot dip with crostini and crudités.
- Hasselback turned hash: Sauté onion with leftover squash and wilted greens in a cast iron skillet; crack a few eggs on top for an inspired breakfast hash.
Buttermilk-Drizzled Greens with Crispy Shallots
- Pesto it: Whiz leftover wilted greens in a food processor with pine nuts, EVOO and Parm for a chunky pesto.
- Flatbread with greens: Try topping a prebaked flatbread with leftover wilted greens, blue cheese and pine nuts.
Buttery Jalapeño Corn Bread Panzanella Salad
- Make it a meal: Add flaked tuna to leftovers to make this a protein-rich next-day lunch.
Brown Butter & Sage Turkey
- A classic stock: Add the carcass to a stockpot with onions, carrots, celery, peppercorns and a bay leaf. Cover with water and simmer 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Revitalize your turkey: Try it in a mayo-based salad with grapes, olives and a dash of harissa paste for a twist; for enchiladas, combine shredded turkey with sautéed onions, beans and salsa, roll in tortillas, pile into a baking dish with salsa and cheese over top and bake; top a pizza crust with shredded turkey, salsa verde, red onion, jalapeño and cheese.
Slow-Simmered Turkey Gravy
- Drizzle it over a mushroom turkey bowl: Shred cooked turkey and combine with sautéed mushrooms and leftover gravy. Serve over rice or noodles.
Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- A twist on quesadillas: Spread on tortillas and add leftover turkey and cheese; brush with oil and heat in a skillet until golden.
- Cranberry vinaigrette: Thin it out with oil and vinegar and make it into a salad dressing.
Dreamy Salted Caramel Apple Pie
- The perfect parfait: You probably won’t have leftovers, but if you do, layer into a glass with yogurt for a tasty next-day breakfast.
Proteins & Dairy
- 1 whole turkey (12–20 lb)
- 2 lb turkey parts
- 1 1⁄4 lb (5 sticks) organic unsalted butter (TRY: Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter)
- 1 container soft goat cheese
- 1 bottle buttermilk
- 1 carton whole milk
- 1 tub full-fat sour cream
- 1 carton 35% cream
- 3 large eggs
Veggies & Fruits
- 2 butternut squashes
- 1 bag dried cranberries
- 3 shallots
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 lemon
- 11 oz fresh cranberries or 1 bag frozen cranberries
- 2–4 jalapeño chile peppers
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 large yellow onions
- 8 or 9 Granny Smith apples
- 1 1⁄2 lb mixed tomatoes (cherry, cocktail, heirloom)
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
Nuts, Seeds & Oils
- 1 bottle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bottle safflower oil
- 1 bag pepitas
- 1 bag poppy seeds
- 1 bottle sea salt
- 1 jar raw honey
- 1 bottle apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle red pepper flakes
- 1 bottle smoked paprika
- 1 bag arrowroot starch
- 1 bottle black pepper
- 1 bag whole-wheat flour
- 1 bag whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 bag coconut sugar (TRY: Wholesome Organic Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1 bottle pure vanilla extract
- 1 bottle ground cinnamon
- 1 bag medium grind cornmeal
- 1 container baking powder
- 1 bottle sherry vinegar