Amber's Quick Facts
She’s a true Cancer: 28 years old, born July 8, 1983. “I’m a Cancer. I hate to admit my sensitivity, but it’s inevitable. More than anything, I’m a nurturer.”
She’s a small town girl: Born in Lima, NY. “It has one stop light and nothing happens there except farming and backyard BBQs.”
Her dogs have funny names: “I have two small mutts I rescued in LA: Dougie Fresh and Randi Pants!”
She’s a neat freak: “I take pleasure in laundry and fold my t-shirts perfectly.”
She’s a little dorky: “I do or say something weird, funny or embarrassing on a daily basis. The people in my life love me for the dork that I am.”
Model Meal Plan
Breakfast: Turkey bacon, Ezekiel toast and two poached eggs or cereal with almond milk.
Lunch: Reduced sodium turkey breast wrap with arugula and roasted red peppers or a tuna melt on Ezekiel toast.
Snack: Roasted red pepper hummus and veggies.
Dinner: Grilled chicken, roasted asparagus and a side of brown rice or steak filet and sweet potato.
Amber’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction
Try her amped-up recipe for a classic veg side dish. It’ll make you a Brussels believer!
Ready in 45 minutes • Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic Reduction
- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- Lightly roast pine nuts over low heat and set aside.
- Toss sprouts with 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar. Put sprouts evenly on a baking sheet and into the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes (more for crispy).
- While baking, pour 3 cups of balsamic into a pan and continuously whisk on medium heat until boil and during boil to avoid burning, once the vinegar reaches a syrup consistency reduce heat and mix in a tablespoon of brown sugar. This will make about 1.5 cups of balsamic reduction to pour over finished sprouts.
- After sprouts are finished baking add them to a bowl with roasted pine nuts and drizzle with reduction sauce.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 510, Total Fats: 32 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 75 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 45 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 35 g, Protein: 4 g, Iron: 3 mg