Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 16 oz lean turkey breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (7 oz) sweet green chilies, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, add the turkey and sauté until cooked through, approximately 7 minutes; remove turkey from the pan and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat and add garlic, onion, sweet chilies, red bell pepper, jalapeño, tomato sauce and chili powder. Cook until onion softens, approx 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and return the cooked turkey to the pan; simmer 2 to 3 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately over brown rice or leafy greens.
Nutrients per serving (without rice or leafy greens): Calories: 200, Total Fats: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 67 mg, Sodium: 278 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 28 g, Iron: 3 mg