Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Asparagus and Red-Pepper-Parmesan Omelette Recipe
- Olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp nonfat milk
- 1 tbsp diced scallions
- 2 tbsp diced red pepper
- 4 streamed asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 slice low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 grapefruit
- Lightly spray olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites and 1 tbsp nonfat milk in a small bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Once eggs are partially set, add 1 tbsp diced scallions, 2 tbsp diced red pepper and 4 steamed asparagus spears.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan cheese over top and add 1/2 slice low-fat cheddar cheese. Flip and cook through.
- Enjoy with 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with 2 tsp light butter and 1 grapefruit.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 453, Total Fats: 15 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 218 mg, Sodium: 759 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 56 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 30 g, Iron: 5 mg