Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 4 servings
Baja Fish Kebab Recipe
- 1 lb firm white fish (red snapper, cod, mahi mahi, swordfish), cut into 32 pieces
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili peppers
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sweet yellow onion, cut into 1″ chunks (16 pieces)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (16 pieces)
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks (16 pieces)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 15 minutes)
1. Preheat grill. Place juice of 1 lemon, lime juice, lemon zest, chili peppers, cumin and paprika in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add fish to marinate for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare avocado sauce while fish is marinating. Add avocado chunks, juice of 1 lemon and cilantro to a blender and purée.
3. Thread 4 pieces of fish, onion, tomato and bell pepper onto each skewer.
4. Place skewers onto grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with avocado dipping sauce.
Nutrients per serving (2 skewers): Calories: 222, Total Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 78 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 23 g, Iron: 1 mg