Berry Recovery Shake
This post-sweat protein shake is a powerful blend of superfoods and dietary supplements that help you stay strong and healthy.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup low-fat Kefir cultured yogurt
- 1 cup frozen organic mixed berries
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 scoop glutamine
- 1 tbsp orange juice or 1 packet orange-flavored powdered vitamin C (Try: EmergenC
- Optional: 1/2 – 1 scoop concentrated vegetable powder (Try: Green Vibrance, available at Whole Foods.)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process at high speed. Add 1/2 to 1 cup water as needed for consistency.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 1 serving): Calories: 320, Total Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Sodium: 100 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 32 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 21 g, Protein: 28 g, Iron: 1 mg