Black Bean Burger
Satisfy your appetite for a great-tasting veggie burger that's easy to make and packed with wholesome ingredients.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rinsed black beans
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole-wheat bun
- 1 Tablespoon salsa
- Arugula, to garnish
- Olive oil cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans, flour, cumin, pepper and egg white together. Add carrots and press into a patty.
- Heat skillet over medium to high heat and coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook patty for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place arugula and patty on bun and top with salsa.
Serve these burgers with our Oven-Baked Eggplant Fries!
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 370, Total Fats: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 496mg, Total Carbohydrates: 69g, Dietary Fiber: 13g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 18g, Iron: 6mg