Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Blueberries are loaded with anti-inflammatory phytochemicals and antioxidants that help fend off muscular pain and disease. Paired with the muscle-building properties of chicken and you’ve got the perfect dish for dinner.
Ready in: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- ½ cup pomegranate juice or blueberry
- ¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 20 oz. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- In a blender combine 1 cup blueberries with the next 7 ingredients. Set mixture aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to about ½-inch thickness. Marinate chicken in mixture and add water, if needed, to cover.
- Heat a large skillet. Add marinated chicken breasts and brown on each side. Add marinade, bring everything to a boil then reduce to low heat. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the marinade starts to reduce and thicken. Add the remaining blueberries and heat through.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 334, Total Fats: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 87 mg, Sodium: 453 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 17 g, Protein: 34 g, Iron: 2 mg