Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
: 5 cups | Serving size: ½ cup
- 3 cups cooked brown and wild rice mixture
- 1½ cups celery, diced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium/large sweet onion, diced
- 1 8-oz. can of water chestnuts, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ cup turkey, chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Sauté mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts until tender and crisp. Mix in herbs, stock and buttermilk.
- Combine with rice and place in a sprayed 9 x 9 baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Stay tuned later this month for the updated edition of Lori Harder’s Busy Girl Cookbook! And for more recipes be sure to visit LoriHarder.com.