Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 6 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 package grape tomatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese (low-fat and low-sodium)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 – 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (adjust according to desired taste)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Marinate with garlic powder, olive oil spray and oregano. Cook chicken pieces in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring broth and garlic to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed the water, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently stir the cooked chicken bits, onion, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and chives into the quinoa. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 400, Total Fats: 24 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 860 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 29 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 19 g, Iron: 2 mg