Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, crushed
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Low-fat cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and then lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large zip-lock bag, mix together the oats, pecans, paprika and parsley.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and dip the chicken pieces into them.
- Next, place the egg-covered chicken into the bagged mixture and shake until the chicken is coated.
- Place the chicken pieces on the baking sheet and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. When the chicken is done the juices will run clear.
- Finally, mix the honey and mustard together to make the dipping sauce. Serve alongside the chicken.