Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
These protein pancakes are delicious and nutritious. They are packed with 46 grams of muscle-building protein to give you a healthy start in the morning.
Ready in: 20 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- ⅛ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1½ scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place cottage cheese, egg whites and protein powder into a blender. Blend thoroughly.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan. Cook on both sides until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top with banana slices and syrup. Serve.
Nutrition facts (per serving): calories: 330, total fats: 3 g, saturated fat: 0 g, trans fat: 0 g, cholesterol: 0 mg, sodium: 720 mg, total carbohydrates: 33 g, dietary fiber: 4 g, sugars: 16 g, protein: 46 g, iron: 1 mg