Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup reserved liquid from bean cans
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 5 pieces sun-dried tomato
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients except parsley in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour into a dish and sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Enjoy with warm pitas or fresh vegetables.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 12 servings): Calories: 70, Total Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 130 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Iron: 1 mg