Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 slice thick-cut 9-grain bread
- 1 tsp shallots, minced
- 1 small beet, cooked, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 watercress, washed dried and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon wedge
- Spread softened goat cheese evenly over bread, sprinkle shallots.
- Add sliced beet and watercress.
- Serve with wedge of lemon to be squeezed over the top as desired.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 330, Fat: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Protein: 17 g