Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 1 hour • Makes 6 servings
- 10 slices Ezekiel raisin bread (try: Food for Life brand)
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 whole eggs 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Mixed berries and Greek yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Meanwhile, whisk all wet ingredients, plus raw cane sugar and spices, in a large bowl.
- Tear each slice of bread into about 8 pieces.
- Lightly spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and place bread into the dish.
- Cover bread with wet mixture and, with clean hands, press down until bread is evenly moistened.
- Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Tip: For a super-moist bread pudding, fill a deep dish with water and place it in the oven along with the bread while it cooks.
- Serve with berries and Greek yogurt (optional).
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 230, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 70 mg, Sodium: 340 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 42 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 19 g, Protein: 9 g, Iron: 2.5 mg