You can’t go wrong by having fish for dinner. It’s an excellent source of high-grade protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega 3s), and minerals. This seafood has been known to raise HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and to help psoriasis, high blood pressure, and osteoarthritis. As well, salmon is packed with vitamins A and D, and contains the omega 3 fatty acid that prevents disease, and promotes optimal health. Of course, you don’t want to quash fish’s healthful properties by adding tons of fat, carbs or heavy cream sauces. With this recipe, you’ll get all the best that salmon has to offer.
- 4.4 ounce fresh, pink salmon steak
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Dash of olive oil
- 6 stalks, asparagus
- Lightly brush or spray the entire salmon with the olive oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill. Sprinkle the dill over the fish.
- Cook the salmon on a grill or broil it in the oven. Cook on one side for three to six minutes, then flip it over and cook until brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Steam the asparagus.
- Serve the asparagus alongside the salmon, and top both with the duet mustard-dill sauce (next page). Garnish with lemon.