Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 45 minutes • Makes 38 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat, small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients and whisk together with a fork or an electric mixer.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly with a fork. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto an oiled or parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake 12 minutes until the cookies are slightly brown on top.
Nutrients per serving (2 cookies): Calories: 99, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 72 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 0 mg