Italian Chicken Parmesan
If your chicken dinners are starting to lack luster and you’re craving something new, try this big-flavor recipe on for size.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Italian Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 breaded chicken breast half with 1/4 cup marinara and 1 ounce mozzarella
Total time: Marinating time + 35 minutes; Hands-on time: 15 minutes
- 4 (5- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl.
- Pour Italian dressing over chicken; refrigerate 30 minutes or up to four hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, combine breadcrumbs and 2 1/2 tablespoons of the Parmesan.
- Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip back into bowl; discard marinade.
- Dredge chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add coated chicken.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and spoon 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce over each chicken breast.
- Place a 1-ounce slice of mozzarella over the marinara on each chicken breast.
- Return baking dish to oven and bake an additional five minutes or until the mozzarella is melted.
- Remove baking dish from oven and divide the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan over chicken.
Tip: Flavor is literally packed into this dish with the help of two strong cheeses: Parmesan and mozzarella. A little goes a long way to keep calories under control while still getting a good mix of healthful fats and a protein boost.
Nutrition per serving: 412 calories, 15 g total fat (6 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 867 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugars, 49 g protein