Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Get a taste of the Caribbean with this spicy, delicious Jerk Chicken Salad.
- I tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, light soy, and sage – to taste
- 2 tbsp jerk sauce
- 1 284g bag of Spinach
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 4 strawberries
- 1 can, mandarin oranges in own juice
- 2 tbsp Newman’s Oil and Vinegar dressing or Kraft Sun-dried Tomato and Oregano dressing
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into a nonstick frying pan at medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken into bite sizes, and add it to the pan.
- Add a few squirts of soy sauce, dash pepper and sage.
- Pour jerk sauce over chicken and mix well.
- Cook until the chicken is done (about 5 minutes), and set aside.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Cut tomatoes, cucumber and strawberries into bite-size pieces and mix with spinach.
- Toss cooked chicken into salad.
- Drain mandarin oranges and add to salad.
- Add dressing then serve.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 2 servings): Calories: 410, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 58 g