Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
While most cheesecakes deliver an avalanche of fat and sugar, this slimmed-down yet decadent recipe serves up whole-grain goodness, healthy fats and the protein a fit body needs.
Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon (1 package) unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup 1 percent milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups 2 percent plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Place oats and almonds in a food processor and process until pulverized. Add cranberries, coconut oil and honey. Process again until the mixture sticks together when squeezed with your fingers.
- Line the bottom of a square 8-by-8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the sides of the pan. Place the oat mixture in the pan and press down firmly to form an even, flat crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Stir together the gelatin and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Let sit five minutes. In a medium-size saucepan, bring milk, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla to a simmer over medium heat. Add gelatin and lemon juice, and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Put the yogurt and cream cheese in a food processor and purée until smooth. Add the hot milk mixture and blend until combined. Pour the yogurt mixture over the oat crust and sprinkle the coconut on top. Refrigerate until set, at least two hours.
- Slice into 12 bars.
Nutrients (per serving): Calories: 253; Total Fats: 15 grams; Saturated Fat: 8 grams; Trans Fat: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 11 milligrams; Sodium: 97 milligrams; Total Carbohydrates: 32 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Sugar: 19 grams; Protein: 9 grams; Iron: 1.1 milligrams