Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 1 cup soy flour (try: Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Stevia baking blend
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup protein powder of choice
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other low-fat variety of your choice)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix together banana, applesauce and almond milk.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool before serving.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 250, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 55 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 27 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 27 g, Iron: 2 mg
“I like using BSN’s banana nut flavored protein powder to make them extra banana-y.” – Naomi Rotstein, Oxygen reader