Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 2 servings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 mandarin orange, halved, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 oz tilapia
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown almonds in the skillet, about 5 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Squeeze juice from orange halves into a small bowl.
- Add orange juice and vinegar to skillet. Stir in chopped celery and parsley, and mix until thoroughly combined. Remove mixture from the pan; leave the heat on.
- Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Place on skillet; brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine spinach and mixed greens in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked fish and pour almond mixture overtop. Garnish with extra orange slices, and season to taste. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 400, Total Fats: 27 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 150 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 24 g, Iron: 3 mg