Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. finely grated garlic
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook 1–2 minutes per side until golden brown.
3. Add mangoes, bell pepper, broth, scallions, mint, lime juice, lime zest and garlic and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook 5 minutes, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add rice to skillet and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute to heat through.
Nutrients per serving (4 o. chicken and 1 cup mango-rice mixture): Calories: 340, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 200 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 44 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 27 g