Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 12 servings
Try this guilt-free dessert recipe that only feels like a cheat!
- 3 scoops whey protein powder
- 9 egg whites
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin, canned
- 6 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 8 packets Stevia
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon, to taste
- 2 packets Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use an electric or hand mixer to blend thoroughly together.
- Divide mixture into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked fully through. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into one and if the pick comes out clean, then it’s ready. Remove from oven.
- To make frosting, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Add water slowly and stir until smooth. Spread evenly on top of each cupcake.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 150, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 35 mg, Sodium: 85 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 12 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 21 g, Iron: 1 mg