Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Bulk up, belly down! Aim for 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day from fruits and vegetables. On a daily basis, most North American women get only about half the recommended amount. This shake will help you reach your goal.
Rise & Shine Apple Shake
Ready in: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 small apple, cored, chopped into chunks (skin left on)
- ¼ cup dried, pitted prunes
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger root
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ¾ cup cold water
Blend ingredients until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 390; Total Fats: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 35 mg; Sodium: 50 mg; Carbohydrates: 60 g; Fiber: 10 g; Sugar: 37 g; Protein: 22 g; Iron: 1 mg