Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced into 1/8 pieces
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp four blend pepper, ground
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the eggplant onto two non-stick cookie sheets coated with cooking oil spray.
- Spray the eggplant with olive oil cooking spray. Then put the eggplant into the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and push the eggplant into the center of the cookie sheets with a spatula.
- Mix the olive oil and garlic together. Drizzle the mixture on top of each eggplant and return to the oven to cook for another 10 minutes, or until they’re tender.
- When it’s cooked, remove the eggplant from the oven and place it in a bowl. Then chop and mash using a fork.
- Finally, add the balsamic vinegar and continue to mash.
- Serve it warm or chilled, as a side dish or spread for pita bread.
Nutrients per 112 g serving: Calories: 53, Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 1 g