Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Rosemary Almond Biscotti Recipe
Ready in 1 hour 20 minutes | Makes 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup natural ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped natural almonds 1
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F. In a large bowl beat oil with agave nectar, egg, whites, vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, salt, apricots, chopped almonds and rosemary. Add dry ingredients to wet until combined.
- With lightly floured hands, form into a 12-inch long log. Place dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using your hand pat down to 4 inches wide and approx 3/4-inch thick. If dough is sticky, re-flour your hands.
- Bake in the center of pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until firm and top is slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut baked log into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place cookies standing upright, back on baking sheet and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until dry and crisp. Makes about 20 biscotti.
Nutrients per serving (one biscotti): Total Calories: 160, Total Fats: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 10mg, Total Carbohydrates: 18g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 3g, Iron: .5mg