Seven Citrus Salad with Mint
When you combine seven exotic citrus fruits with the snap of mint you wind up with one of the freshest salads around.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 1 Rio Star grapefruit, or pink or red grapefruit
- 1 blood orange
- 2 satsuma mandarin oranges
- 1 cocktail citrus
- 1 ugli fruit (Jamaican tangelo)
- 4 kumquats, peels washed well, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, removing any seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Using a knife, or by hand, remove peels from Cara Cara orange, grapefruit, blood orange and satsuma oranges. Pull apart sections, cut into bite sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Using a knife, cut away peel of cocktail citrus and ugli fruit. Then, using a paring knife, cut in-between membranes to remove fruit segments. Add segments to bowl.
- Add kumquats and mint. Toss to combine and refrigerate for about 15 minutes before serving.