Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Shrimp Margherita Pizza
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 8 servings
- 1 whole-wheat pizza crust dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bake crust according to package directions.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Insert a steamer basket. Add shrimp and steam until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add oil to a pan and saute onion until fragrant and soft. Add garlic and tomatoes, and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, parsley and basil to blend, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Pour sauce over pizza crust. Top with mozzarella and steamed shrimp.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes at 400 F or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into 8 slices.
Nutrients per serving (1 slice): Calories: 200, Total Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 88 mg, Sodium: 345 mg, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Carbohydrates: 22 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 16 g, Iron: 3 mg[