Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 1 handful uncooked soba noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic, kale and lemon juice and cook until kale begins to wilt.
- Add bell pepper and continue cooking until it becomes tender.Add tomato and balsamic vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes, until tomato begins to soften.
- Serve over pasta, and top with toasted pine nuts.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 2 servings): Calories: 330, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 65 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 50 g, Dietary Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 8 g, Iron: 2 mg
“I love eating this meal after spin class.” – Anna Smith, Oxygen reader