Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 3, 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning
- 8-oz can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 package whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 3 slices fat-free or low-fat cheese
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and add the first 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, allowing chicken to cook fully and vegetables to soften.
- When chicken is cooked, remove and cut into smaller pieces, then place back in the pot.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Lower heat and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. When sauce thickens slightly, stir in jalapenos and cooked pasta. For a creamy taste, stir in the cheese slices and them to melt. Serve hot.