Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe is as easy as it is delicious; the slow cooker does most of the work for you!
Ready in: 6–8 hours
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15-oz. can organic kidney beans, drained
- 15-oz. can organic black beans, drained
- 14½-oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6-oz. can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cook ground beef, diced onions and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat with a fork. Cook until browned.
- Drain fat and place meat in slow cooker along with remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Season with sea salt, to taste.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 112, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 61 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 9 g, Iron: 2 mg