Sweet and Smokey Turkey Chili
This muscle-building chili provides a perfect balance of carbs and protein for postworkout.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sweet and Smokey Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 can unsalted black beans
- 1 can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Low-fat shredded cheese or a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in a skillet set on medium-high heat. Add turkey and beans and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, garnish, and serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 270, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 220 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 35 g, Iron: 3 mg