Sweet potatoes are one of nature’s best sources of beta-carotene and are high in fiber. Several recent studies have also shown that regular consumption of sweet potatoes can help strengthen the body’s immune system, and by combining them with oats in this recipe, you’ll also receive extra immunity-boosting benefits. Pairing whey protein, oats and sweet potatoes makes this a winning combo to eat before an intense workout or as your first meal of the day. With its high protein, complex carbohydrate and fiber content, you will be well on your “whey” to reaching your fitness goals, and have plenty of energy throughout your day and/or your toughest workout.
Ready in 12 minutes • Makes 1 serving
- 1 medium sweet potato (4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin, canned
- 1/8 cup oats
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Stevia, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Berries, to top (optional)
- 1/4 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet Stevia
- Set a nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Microwave the sweet potato for 5-8 minutes, or until soft.
- After the potato is cooked, blend all of the ingredients together in either a blender or with a hand mixer.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
- To make frosting, mix all ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Slowly stir in water until you achieve a smooth consistency. Spread on top of pancake. Top with berries, if desired. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 310, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 270 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 41 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 29 g, Iron: 2 mg