Turkey Breast Mushroom Stew
This easy and filling recipe has the metabolism-boosting power of turkey which can torch fat and build muscle!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground 4-pepper blend
- 3 28-oz cans diced tomatoes, with liquid, no salt added
- 1 15-oz can Bush’s Best pinto beans, with liquid
- 3 strips cooked extra-lean turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the turkey until evenly brown, stirring with a spoon to separate.
- Add the garlic, onion and red pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, 2 tsp Italian seasoning and freshly ground 4-pepper blend. Cook for 8 minutes, then transfer to a large pot.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, turkey bacon and hot sauce. Stir in zucchini and mushrooms. Bring to a simmer and add remaining Italian seasoning, then reduce to low heat. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve over brown rice.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 8 serving): Calories: 200, Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Protein: 11 g