Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
- 6 ounces white fish (sole, cod or halibut), cut into chunks
- ¾ cup strawberries, diced
- ⅓ cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- ⅓ cup English cucumber, diced
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2–3 teaspoon coconut or grape-seed oil
- 3 small corn tortillas (try: Trader Joe’s brand)
- ¾ cup shredded cabbage
- Combine strawberries, onion, cucumber, cilantro and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl to make salsa. Stir and store in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, combine remaining lemon juice with jalapeño, garlic and cumin. Stir and add fish. Allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add fish to pan. Stir gently for 3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas over stovetop or in a microwave. Place on a plate and top each with ⅓ of the cabbage, fish and salsa.
- Enjoy your fish tacos!
Nutrients per serving: calories: 140, total fats: 5 g, saturated fat: 3 g, trans fat: 0 g, cholesterol: 20 mg, sodium: 45 mg, total carbohydrates: 11 g, dietary fiber: 3 g, sugars: 5 g, protein: 13 g, iron: 1 mg