Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, florets only, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tsp. lemon juice, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a deep saucepan, place celery, broccoli, onion, parsnips, broth and pepper. Cover tightly and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, puree soup until velvet-smooth. Serve in bowls or pour into mugs. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 4 servings): Calories: 106, Fat: 1 g, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 6 g