Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 19-oz can white kidney or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 cup Stevia
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse flour. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put beans into the food processor and pulse until pureed. Add margarine, Stevia, egg and vanilla and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour bean mixture into oat mixture and stir by hand until almost combined; add chocolate chips, raisins/cranberries, nuts and flaxseed and stir just until blended.
- Spread the batter into a 9- by 13-inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden around the edges. Cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 285, Total Fat: 7.1 g‚ Carbohydrates: 50 g‚ Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 7 g