Apple Chicken over Spicy Lentils
Makes 1 Serving • Ready in 30 minutes
- 4 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly spray a small dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and chopped apple in a small bowl. Place chicken in baking dish and pour ingredients from bowl on top. Bake in oven. Turn over after 10 minutes. Cook for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- In another small bowl mix lentils, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-to-high heat. Add in kale. Sautee kale until it starts to turn bright green. Add in lentils and cook for another one to two minutes.
- Plate skillet mixture and top with chicken. Garnish with avocado slices.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 485, Total Fats: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 66 mg, Sodium: 448 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 57 g, Dietary Fiber: 14 g, Sugars: 21 g, Protein: 39 g, Iron: 6 mg