Makes 1 serving • Ready in 25 minutes
- 4 oz. chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. medium salsa
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat shredded Montery Jack cheese (Try: Sargento Mexican blend)
- Chopped cilantro leaves, to garnish
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions and garlic. Cook until golden brown.
2. In a bowl, mix brown rice, black beans, salsa and pepper.
3. Place chicken, onions and garlic from skillet over rice blend. Top with cheese and garnish with cilantro. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 461, Total Fats: 18 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 86 mg, Sodium: 626 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 37 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 41 g, Iron: 1 mg